Monday, September 25, 2006

As Summer turns to Autumn

Here in Squamish, the first leaves are beginning to turn golden and the days are a bit shorter, with a cool dampness in the morning air – sure signs that autumn is on its way. After so many years as a university president, what I miss most of all right now is the incredible energy of students pouring onto the campus with the beginning of the new fall term.

Here at Quest University Canada, our first group of students will only arrive just before September 2007. Although there is still much to be done in preparation for opening, I know that the heart of the University will only come truly alive when the pulse of student life reverberates throughout our campus. In the meantime, the incredible spirit of the staff keeps our offices alive with laughter and lively discussion and a shared sense of anticipation. Everyone is planning and doing something – there are projects underway everywhere. It’s truly incredible!

Since I’m thinking of it, what will you miss most of all as this summer turns to autumn? What keeps you excited about the future? And what projects do you have underway?

1 comment:

Verena =) said...

Hi Mr. Strangway!
I just discovered your blog and I am truly happy for you that your vision is coming true! I appreciate it so much to have a University like Quest as an option! I am graduating this year and am already getting information sent from Birgit Widmaier. I am very eager to hear more about it, as I may just be one of your future students of 2007! :)
As for me, fall is one of my favourite times of the year. I love the colourful leaves on the ground, the crisp air,...I am living in the moment! :)